Dreadlocks are one of the most low maintenance, care free, and beautiful black natural hairstyles that you can have. You may find yourself afraid to make this change in fear that you have to do a big chop. Luckily, there are two types of locs that do no require you to cut off your relaxed or chemically processed hair. Sisterlocks and Bradelocz are two options that you can consider. Listed below are the pros and cons of each loc type.
Stay in Touch
Advantages of Sisterlocks:
- Versatile allowing you to style your hair with a curling iron.
- Do not require that you cut off your relaxed hair.
- Their smaller size allows you more freedom when creating styles.
- Less build up because you do not have to rely on twisting gels or waxes to maintain your style.
- They are quite costly when you first start them, for your initial set it ranges anywhere from $500 to $1000 depending the length of your hair and how small you would like your sections.
- To maintain them you may have to pay a professional to re-tighten them for you, until you get the hang of it.
- They can be started on your own without the use of a professional by using the guide at Bradelocz.com.
- You do not have to cut off your relaxed hair.
- You choose the size that you would like them to be, smaller sizes will give you more versatility.
- Wash your hair as often as you like, in fact water will aid in the locking process.
- Low cost method of achieving a loc style.
- Re-tightening has to be done every 4 to 6 weeks, and you will have to learn how to do this.
- In the beginning bradelocz will show a lot of your scalp.
- The braid pattern will remain visible for a while but overtime the pattern fades and eventually looks like traditional dreadlocks.