Are you looking for a natural hair regimen using all natural products. Here are a few of my favorite DIY recipes that will definitely leave your hear looking and feeling healthy!
NETTLE TEA HAIR GROWTH RINSE
2 handfuls of nettle roots
2 quarts of cold water
Wash and dry nettle roots. Soak 2 handfuls of roots in 2 quarts of cold water overnight. Next day bring mix to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes; strain roots; use remaining liquid as a hair rinse. This is a hair growth stimulant and when used overtime, will reduce grey hairs.
HAIR GROWTH STIMULATING SCALP SCRUB RECIPE
2 Tablespoons Jojoba, Almond or Olive Oil
2-3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 drops of essential oil of cypress
3 drops of essential oil of lavender
3 drops of essential oil of rosemary
3 drops of essential oil of cedar wood
In a small bowl mix ingredients. Add enough sugar to make a thin paste Do not heat the oil as this will melt the sugar.
To Use: Wet hair in shower. If you have styling products in your hair, apply a little conditioner to make hair more pliable then rinse. Take a heaping scoop of the scrub and apply to scalp, separating hair to reach entire scalp. In circular motion, scrub the scalp with the mixture for 5 minutes. Rinse well, then shampoo and condition hair as normal.
AVOCADO AND BANANA CONDITIONING HAIR MASK
1 ripe banana
1 ripe avocado
1 tbsp wheat germ or olive oil
Mash all of the ingredients in a bowl or blender. Apply mask to hair, including the scalp if you want, or just deep condition the ends. Put on a shower cap or wrap hair in saran wrap and let sit for about 15 minutes, or longer. Can use overnight for ultra conditioning. Rinse mask out.
GINGER DANDRUFF TREATMENT
1 teaspoon organic sesame oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Squeeze ginger root thoroughly and press to obtain one tablespoon of juice. Mix all ingredients. Apply to scalp and let dry before shampooing. Repeat three times a week.
GREEN TEA SHAMPOO SUBSTITUTE
2 green tea bags
Apple cider vinegar
Squirt bottle or empty shampoo bottle
1. Boil 2 cups of water in the microwave or on the stove. Once the water boils, turn off the heat and steep two regular-sized bags of green tea in the water. Let the bags steep for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the bags from the water. Squeeze out any excess water from the bags into the tea.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to the green tea. The apple cider vinegar acts as a clarifying agent and also helps gently cleanse the hair. You do not have to add apple cider vinegar to every green tea rinse you make.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of honey to your tea. Stir the honey in the tea. Honey contains antibacterial properties and also helps soothe dry or itchy scalps.
4. Let the tea sit until it cools completely. Pour the tea mixture into a squirt bottle or empty shampoo bottle.
5. Wet your hair with lukewarm water. Squirt the tea mixture on the roots of your hair, then massage the mixture through your hair. Squirt more mixture at the ends of your hair and massage.
6. Leave the mixture in your hair for 10 minutes and rinse with cool water.
MANUKA HONEY REMEDY
The healing properties in Manuka honey are more potent than ordinary honey. Rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids, Manuka honey has excellent healing capabilities when used on the skin or hair.
Manuka Honey (available in health food stores and online)
For the hair, mix ¼ cup of olive oil and ¼ cup of Manuka honey. If you have oily hair, reduce the amount of olive oil. Blend together into a pasty texture. Massage the mixture through your hair until completely covered. Allow the mixture to infuse into the hair for 15-20 minutes . Shampoo hair and wash the oil/honey mixture out. This remedy will leave your hair nourished, clean and shiny.