Chebe powder for hair growth is a treatment that has been used for some time among Basara Arab women in Chad, a Northern African country. The women of this tribe apply this treatment to their hair, braid their hair in protective styles and then go about their day.
The first step is to get the hair wet so they do so using regular water and alternate between the scented oil/hair grease mix and the chebe powder mix until the hair is fully saturated. They then re-braid the hair and once that braid is done they wet it again with water. They repeat that routine every 3 to 5 days.Miss Sahel
The traditional way that the women of this North African tribe use Chebe Powder may not be practical for everyone, but it can be used as a good deep conditioning treatment while you Netflix and chill.
The benefits of Chebe Powder Treatments
Women who are using at home chebe treatments are reporting:
- Softer hair
- Easy to detangle hair
- Better moisture retention
- Consistent use may aid in hair growth
What you should know before starting
- Chebe treatments are messy. Take precautions to protect the area that you will be working in by using coupon/sales papers or plastic bags. Cover your countertops, rugs or floors and wear clothes you do not care about.
- You will have to mix your Chebe Powder with an oil or butter. If you do not care to mix your treatment, then purchase a brand that comes pre-mixed.
- A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, avoid being heavy-handed or it will be hard to rinse out.
- Do not apply the mixture to your scalp, it is meant to be applied to your hair.
How to apply to your hair as a deep conditioning treatment
Step 1 – Prepare your mix. You want to mix Chebe Powder with oils and or a butter. Aim for a medium consistency not too thick and not too loose. You need a balance to make it easy to apply to your hair and for absorption.
Step 2 – Cleanse your hair with a gentle moisturizing shampoo.
Step 3 – Apply your mixture section by section, keeping in mind a little bit of the treatment will go a long way.
Does it work as a hair growth treatment?
The Basara women do not attribute their long hair length to genetics. They do not apply the Chebe to their bangs and they note that this part of their hair remains short, while the rest of their hair flourishes. Perhaps there are other factors that contribute to their success like protective styling and the powder treatment just aids in promoting that growth. Remember there are no magic overnight potions when it comes to hair growth, but consistent use of nourishing ingredients will help you reach your hair goals.