So we all have questions about natural hair: how to moisturize it, how to grow it longer, how to define our curl pattern, how to determine if our hair is protein sensitive; the list goes on and on. There are some really great blogs out there – like this one – that are extremely helpful and that should be frequently consulted in moving you further along in your natural hair care journey.
But don’t forget that there are also some great natural hair care books that are readily available, highly informative, and, thankfully, relatively inexpensive too. Additionally, most of these publications are available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble so they are very easy to purchase. Below is a list of the top ten natural hair care books that reveal more knowledge about the beautiful but sometimes challenging hair type called curly.
#1.The Science of Black Hair: A Comprehensive Guide to Textured Hair Care – $9.99, Audrey Davis-Sivasothy
2. If You love It, It Will Grow: A Guide To Healthy, Beautiful, Natural Hair – $9.99, Dr. Phoenyx Austin
Dr. Austin’s book covers exactly what it takes to nurture and grow a head full of healthy tresses. It’s perfect for giving you the right expectations and learning to put your health of your hair and body first.
Grow It Kinky – Ariane Williams
This eBook is a great read for anyone seeking to grow healthy kinky textured hair and avoid the cycle of breakage that comes easy for women with delicate coily hair types.
Jamie Loves Her Natural Hair , Ariane Williams (paperback)
A children’s story book that encourages young curly girls to love their hair and themselves.
3. Thank God I’m Natural: The Ultimate Guide To Maintaining And Caring For Natural Hair – $9.99, Chris-Tia Johnson
4.Ultra Black Hair Growth II 2000 Edition – $7.99 Cathy Howse
Cathy Howse is a power house when it comes to delivering expert black hair information and has a head full of healthy hair to prove it! She successfully grew long relaxed hair, she currently is a naturalista.
5. The Ten Hair Commandments For Girls With Curls – $2.99, K A Satcher
6. Better Than Good Hair: The Curly Girl Guide to Healthy, Gorgeous Natural Hair – $10.79, Nikki Walton
Are you a newbie with no idea how to style your hair? This book is for you! Get encouragement to stick it out through your journey with positive affirmations and tips for dealing with any challenges you may face.
7. The Science Of Transitioning: A Complete Guide To Hair Care For Transitioners And New Naturals– $7.99, Audrey Davis-Sivasothy
8. 45 Homemade Natural Hair Care Recipes (For Hair Growth, Moisture, Cleansing, and Styling) – $.99, C Collins (if you have Amazon kindle unlimited it’s free!)
9. The Kitchen Beautician: Natural Hair Care Recipes For Beautiful Healthy Hair – $19.99, Dezerae Henderson
10.Grow It: How To Grow Afro-Textured Hair To Maximum Lengths In The Shortest Time – $16.98, Chicoro
Some of the books may be more familiar than others, but all of the books on the list are guaranteed to increase your knowledge about the dos and dont’s of natural hair care. So grab a cup of hot tea, kick your feet up, and enjoy a great read!